This post collects together links to the Extramural Activity posts on the new murals on the so-called International Wall on Divis Street depicting the history of the Easter Rising and celebrating the contribution of northerners to the rebellion. Painting commenced in March and the wall was officially launched on August 3rd, the 100th anniversary of Roger Casement’s execution. Thanks to the artist for much of the information in the posts.
- Wolfe Tone and other predecessors: Young Ireland
- Larne Gun-Running, Edward Carson, Call For Irish Volunteers: We Won’t Have Carson
- [32CSM/Irish Volunteers Meeting: Shared Space]
- Molly Childers, Mary Spring Rice, Nora Connolly, Ina Connolly: Howth Gun-Running
- Ethna Carbery, Elizabeth Corr, Alice Milligan, Nell Corr, James Connolly: Shan Van Vocht
- Seán MacDiarmada, Magic Lanterns: Spreading The Word
- Local Volunteers, Training: Willowbank Huts
- Joe Gleeson, GPO, Winifred Carney: Raising The Flag
- Kieran Nugent, Mairéad Farrell, Hunger Strikers, Roger Casement Where Did The Seeds Fall?
- Leonard Peltier: The World Did Gaze In Deep Amaze (including Pearse Surrenders To The Developers)
- [Bilal Kayed: Administrative Detention]
For a complete history of the International Wall, see For The Record.