Gwardia Ludowa (the People’s Guard) was an underground communist force formed in 1942 to resist German occupation. They made two attacks on the “Germans only” Café Club in October 24, 1942 and July 11, 1943. The attacks are commemorated here in a mosaic by Władysław Zych on the site of the former club (now a book store).
Click to enlarge (to 2000 x 1640)
Copyright © 2018 Extramural Activity
Camera Settings: f4.7, 1/200, ISO 80, full size 4577 x 3754