Cast-iron post-boxes were made by W. T. Allen of London from 1886 onwards (Victoria died in 1901). This one, which is still in use by An Post, is at Collins Barracks in Dublin. The Royal Barracks (as they were then called) were built in 1702 and handed over to the Free State in 1922 and renamed; they are now a museum (WP).
Click and click again to enlarge (to 1750 x 2560)
Copyright © 2017 Extramural Activity
Camera Settings: f8, 1/200, ISO 400, full size 2592 x 3792