St Joseph’s

Here are three stained glass windows from St Joseph’s in Sailortown. The designer of the glass is unknown – please get in touch if you know. The church was built in 1880 and has been idle since 2001; both the exterior (which we profiled in November 2017) and interior are in need of restoration. A plan exists to turn the building into a heritage centre (BMG).
For more church glass, see Townsend Street Presbyterian.
Click and click again to enlarge (to full size)
Copyright © 2017 Extramural Activity
Camera Settings: f7.1, 1/200, ISO 400, full size 3328 x 2592
Click and click again to enlarge (to full size)
Copyright © 2017 Extramural Activity
Camera Settings: f7.1, 1/250, ISO 400, full size 1936 x 3279
Click and click again to enlarge (to full size)
Copyright © 2017 Extramural Activity
Camera Settings: f5.6, 1/100, ISO 400, full size 1949 x 3906
text: X04472 X04473 X04474

On The Other Side

The stained glass from Townsend Street Presbyterian shown above depicts a scene from Bunyan’s Pilgrims Progress, where Valiant-for-truth crosses over to his Father’s house. The glass was unveiled in 1922 in memory of “John Sinclair Martin of the 5th Royal Irish Rifles and his son Robert T Martin” (Beechgarave | History Hub Ulster).
Below is ‘Charity’ from the trio of ‘Faith, Hope, and Charity’ by Wilhelmina Geddes, unveiled 1914-02-08. 2016 saw the publication of a biography of Geddes (BelTelIrish Times).
Click and click again to enlarge (to full size)
Copyright © 2017 Extramural Activity
Camera Settings: f8, 1/80, ISO 400, full size 2408 x 2400
Click and click again to enlarge (to full size)
Copyright © 2017 Extramural Activity
Camera Settings: f8, 1/20, ISO 400, full size 2554 x 2592
text: X04476 X04475